On 8/7/2012 1:00 AM, Christophe Travert wrote:
That's why I suggested supplying a callback delegate to decide what to do with
errors (ignore, throw exception, or quit) and have the delegate itself do that.
That way, there is no customization of the Lexer required.

It may be easier to take into accound few cases (return error token and
throwing is enough, so that is a basic static if), than to define a way
to integrate a delegate (what should be the delegate's signature, what
value to return to query for stopping, how to provide ways to recovers,
etc).

If the delegate returns, then the lexer recovers.

The delegate is passed the error message and the location.

I don't see it is more complex than that.