On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Walter Bright
<newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

> Yes, I understand about static if decisions :-) hell I invented them!

And what a wonderful decision that was!

> Yes, I understand that. There's also a point about adding too much
> complexity to the interface. The delegate callback reduces complexity in the
> interface.

OK, then let's let Jonathan work, and we will see how it goes.

>> And, as Christophe said, ranges are a powerful API. In another thread
>> Simen and me did some comparison between C-like code and code using
>> only ranges upon ranges upon ranges. A (limited!) difference in speed
>> appeared only for very long calculations.
>

> That's good, and you really don't need to sell me on ranges - I'm already
> sold.

Well, you gave the impression a bit upstream in this thread that
having to filter a token range to eliminate errors was an atrocity
(millions of tokens!).

As far as I'm concerned, the recent good news was to (re?)discover
than complex calls of ranges upon ranges could still be calculated by
CTFE. That's really neat.