On Sunday, 12 August 2012 at 11:48:23 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Paulo Pinto:

And when they have them, there are many other issues to take care of.<

This is a bad argument because there are always other issues to take care of. Even if a firm buys an artificial intelligence able to self-write all the code, I am sure people in that firm will keep saying "we have many other issues beside writing code!".

Bye,
bearophile

Sure it is, but I've learned that if you live in the Fortune 500 corporation world, it not worth fighting against it.

Actually there are a few talks in InfoQ about this type of issue.

http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Stop-Refactoring
http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Who-Ever-Said-Programs-Were-Supposed-to-be-Pretty

--
Paulo