On Thursday, 16 August 2012 at 00:48:44 UTC, Alexey Egorov wrote:
I think there is no problems to make, for example, compiler for Java Virtual Machine.

Think again. Like Java, the JVM does not have pointer arithmetic, which means there is no straightforward way to write a D-to-JVM-bytecode compiler.

I know, you will say what D designed for run-time, as alternative to C++, but there is no problem to kill both rabbits - make it good alternative for Python, Lua, Java, C#, etc.

I don't think D has any chance of replacing Lua at this point. Lua can be used in combination with other languages very easily.