On Friday, 24 August 2012 at 08:18:07 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
Am Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:46:35 +0200
schrieb Jens Mueller <jens.k.muel...@gmx.de>:

It says "Digests do not work in CTFE".
Just checked it for MD5.
I do not know but I think this is just a current limitation of the
CTFE implementation.

It's possible to support CTFE, Piotr Szturmaj has some digests which
work in CTFE. But it's difficult as everything which depends on
endianness isn't supported in CTFE.

Writing a library which is good enough to belong to std IS difficult. With D's incredibly powerful compile-time capabilities, I'm 100% many people will wonder why such a pure functionality as digest doesn't work with CTFE.

As long as the interface itself allows future CTFE support, and the work is planned that's a YES from me.

But I'd like to see at least one algorithm being implemented (e.g. CRC32 which currently works with CTFE) as a proof of concept (and a unit-test).