On 09/21/2012 12:23 PM, Jens Mueller wrote:
Timon Gehr wrote:
The issue is that CTFE can only interpret functions that are fully
analyzed and therefore the analysis of foo depends circularly on
itself. The compiler should spit out an error that indicates the
issue.

That is true. I will file such a diagnostics bug with low priority.

You could post an enhancement request to allow interpretation of
incompletely-analyzed functions, if you think it is of any use.

I think it is.
What do you think?

I think if it has an obvious interpretation (and in this case, it even
has an obvious analysis strategy) it should compile.