On 9/21/12 10:58 AM, Manu wrote:
What I'm typically more interested in is profiling. I do occasionally
need to do some benchmarking by your definition, so I'll find this
useful, but should there then be another module to provide a 'profiling'
API? Also worked into this API?

That's a good angle. Profiling is currently done by the -profile switch, and there are a couple of library functions associated with it. To my surprise, that documentation page has not been ported to the dlang.org style: http://digitalmars.com/ctg/trace.html

I haven't yet thought whether std.benchmark should add more profiling-related primitives. I'd opine for releasing it without such for the time being.

Thanks,