Le 24/09/2012 00:48, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :
This notion a lot of trouble with it; I think it's safe to abandon it
entirely.

Once a one-element tuple becomes equivalent to the actual item, there's
an explosion of trouble and special cases in the language and in code
that uses it. For example, divide and conquer code that manipulates
tuples and takes t[0 .. $/2] and t[$/2+1 .. $] would suddenly get to
cases in which the slices are no longer tuples, and so on. And that's
only the beginning.

This is a very weak point. In most cases, divide an conquer with tuple don't even make sense.

Also, having no integrated notion of a zero-element tuple would again
mess with the algebra as much as the absence of 0 would hurt numbers.
It's just troublesome.

I appreciate the attraction of this idea, but again I think it's safe to
just not even discuss it.

I'm not sure I want to answer that, so I wont.