On 9/24/12 8:18 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 9/23/12 9:31 PM, deadalnix wrote:
Le 24/09/2012 03:14, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :
On 9/23/12 7:20 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Sunday, 23 September 2012 at 22:55:33 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
I believe it is currently left-to-right for D, in all kinds of
expressions, but DMD does not implement it yet.

Yeah, I thought it was already defined.

Actually it's right to left for assignments. In expr1 = expr2, expr2
gets evaluated first.

Andrei

Is it by implementation or by design ?

Currently probably neither :o). I used to oppose it, then I figured it's
actually nice because of things like:

int[int] stuff;
stuff[42] = stuff.length;

Andrei

So you are arguing for computing the arguments for a method call before
the receiver is computed? (What about UFCS?) Or should opAssign behave
specially?

Ha, good point about opAssign! Probably we should go with left-to-right everywhere, including in assignment.