On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:47:09 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer <schvei...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I can say that I have *avoided* tuples as return values because I don't want to type Tuple!(x, y) as the return type. But I haven't come across that need very much. You can say "yeah, but what about auto?" Cases I'm referring to were to make interface declarations -- can't use auto.

To further this, I would love to see something where "quick POD structs" can be constructed using some builtin syntax.

For example:

{valid:bool, value:int}

which would be equivalent to Tuple!(bool, "valid", int, "value")

I would *definitely* like to see that. This might be on par with the => addition.

-Steve