On Saturday, 29 September 2012 at 19:09:46 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 9/29/2012 1:08 AM, Peter Alexander wrote:
As you can see, no matter what you think of these features, the arguments are pointless because it is very clear that you can do meaningful work without them. We get by without channels, homoiconicity, and full program type inference; just
as the Go programmers get by without generics.

I think that argument is making the claims that:

1. all features are equally valuable

2. if one can get by without a feature, then that feature is not needed

Both of those are invalid.

I'm not making claim 1, and claim 2 is true by definition.