On Tuesday, 2 October 2012 at 19:15:19 UTC, Farmer wrote:
Hi,
I am tempted to start D programming but for me it is crucrial to be able to parallelize for-loops as can be done with openMP for C/C++ (mainly @pragma omp parallel for, @pragma omp critical). I have already seen the std.parallelism library but I'm unsure whether it can provide me with the same functionality.

Thanks

It can. Here's an example from the docs of parallelising a simple for loop:

auto logs = new double[10_000_000];
foreach(i, ref elem; taskPool.parallel(logs, 100))
{
    elem = log(i + 1.0);
}

This creates a pool of workers that each perform 100 iterations of the loop body in parallel.