On Monday, 15 October 2012 at 16:37:08 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
- Simple(r) templates

I keep seeing things like this and probably i am failing to understand it. This is a vast understatement for D templates. Yes, easier to use, i agree. But C++ templates are stone age comparing to D and i don't see this mentioned enough where it matters most. It was there in recent reddit discussions too. I am reading those comments (some posters obviously have some kind of agenda) and seeing no one refuting them. They neither know C++ well enough to do metaprogramming nor D. Because if they did know, they would never bring templates into any discussions which involves C++/D comparison.

Comparing to C++.

* D templates easier to use.
* There are constructs you can't just do templates without. (templates without "static if" is c without "if") * Some things possible (string/float/alias/... arguments) because there is no C++ way of doing these. * Some things possible in practice (there are things you can achieve with C++ templates but they are practically impossible)
* You can have all these and able get higher performance.

There are probably more of those i just can't remember now.