On Thursday, 25 October 2012 at 02:55:20 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 21:01:11 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
OK let's stop this. There's a bug that needs fixing, is all.

And as bad as things may be now, they're _way_ better than they were a couple of years ago (or even a year ago). The situation isn't perfect, but it's constantly improving. It's becoming rarer and rarer for programmers to run into compiler bugs. You can actually write plenty of programmers now without running into any, whereas before, you'd run into them all the time.

- Jonathan M Davis

Yeah that's definitely very true. :) Sorry that the negative feedback seems to drown out anything that looks positive... but I've definitely noticed the improvement (and that's what makes me come back and try writing a program in D every once in a while). Props to you guys for the work!