Le 25/10/2012 03:35, Jonathan M Davis a écrit :
On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 21:01:11 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
OK let's stop this. There's a bug that needs fixing, is all.

And as bad as things may be now, they're _way_ better than they were a couple
of years ago (or even a year ago). The situation isn't perfect, but it's
constantly improving. It's becoming rarer and rarer for programmers to run
into compiler bugs.

Is this a joke ? That is true that many bug get solved, but I encounter compiler bugs almost on a daily basis, and a lot of workaround are present in my codebase.

I'm ready to heard that I run into more bugs due to my coding style or whatever, but I have hard time to understand how running into compiler bugs can be rarer and rarer.

You can actually write plenty of programmers now without
running into any, whereas before, you'd run into them all the time.

- Jonathan M Davis