On Friday, 2 November 2012 at 18:19:54 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-11-02 18:46, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

I should add that I'm also totally behind this. When Walter jumped into implementing SIMD support on a hunch, I completely disagreed, but that
was a great decision.

I can absolutely understand why he did it but it would be really nice if you (Walter, Andrei and probably others as well) could be more transparent about things like these. I think this would really help the community.

So true. Strong mid-term vision of rationales of main language developers really helps to reason about it.