I just sent this off with my response.

So I'm going to still going to use Olivia MFSK  until I get a letter directly
from Mr. Riley  Hollingsworth telling me I can't use it and why.

73 Ron KA2HZO

WA5ZNU
Thursday, January 06, 2005 Zulu

Olivia HF MFSK Mode with Walsh FEC

There is a new digital mode based on MFSK with FEC using Walsh functions, and a
selectable bandwidth from 125Hz to 2KHZ.

There is a mailing list, digitalradio with Yahoo Groups, for discussing it, but
you need a password to read the archives.

Tbe designer of the mode, Pawel Jalocha SP9VRC, has published a specification,
and so US hams are now in compliance with FCC order DA 95-2106, which the ARRL
says reads:

  "This Order amends Section 97.309(a) of the Commission's Rules...to clarify
that amateur stations may use any digital code that has its technical
characteristics publicly documented. This action was initiated by a letter from
the American Radio Relay League, Inc. (ARRL)."

Updates: See performance figures for the various configurations done by Mark
N5RFX. See N1US's Olivia MFSK HowTo for Windows users. For Linux, the
curses-based interface is available by contacting SP9VRC by email. Hopefully,
GPL source will be available soon.

- posted by Leigh @ 01:23 z