From: rooftop333
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:44 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] [digitalradio] messaging on APRS - solution
needed

Where I am, it seems I can only reach APRS digipeater signals.  I
need to send short text/data messages to a remote site.

Here is what I want to do.

I am located on one side of a large mountain range, actually in the
middle of it, near Tehachapi, not too far from Bakersfield, CA.  I
need to send and receive signals to a remote system that I am setting
up in the Mojave Desert on another piece of land. This is on the
other side of a large mountain range, it is 60 miles away.  It will
have solar/wind-power and monitor and control things like
agriculture, power management, weather, and well/rain water control.
I need to have a 2 way communication with this.  It does not need to
be much data, at least: on, off, I receieved your command, and a
response.  I could use a one liner, it is better than nothing.  I
only need to see if the system is alive and all systems are ok.

As I said, I think I can only receive APRS signals, I need 2m, and I
will only be working with a Tech license.

If anyone can help, all suggestions appreciated.

thanks!

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/