--- Jerry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Operating
> at my station more
> than 25 watts the RFI gets back into my computer and
> locks it up.  I
> have no choice, as my antenna is indoors, can not
> put any antenna
> outside, or fear eviction. I am eight floors above
> the ground, no
> balcony so have to do the best I can do with 15 to
> 20 watts.

I had that problem with my keyboard years ago, and I
substituted the cord with a shielded one, and added
extra power filtering to the 5 V line inside the
keyboard, with three ceramic caps (1 nF + 10 nF +
100 nF) in parallel to ground and a VK??? RF choke in
series.

With the keyboard unplugged, I had no RFI. It was one
of those aluminum foil shield cables...using a copper
braid shielded cable as substitute it is inmune to
RFI.

73 de Jose, CO2JA

http://mail.yahoo.com

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/
More info at http:///www.obriensweb.com