Just as a note, the USB port is used for nothing more then a power source.  There is no command or control of the hardware.  The radio's output is fed to the sound card where all the work is really done.  I'm not sure as I see it as that much different then a simple PSK radio.

Still, it's hard to be too critical of a working kit that costs less then $25.

From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of N3WT
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:35 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] Fw: USB/SDR Radio Kit

The kit is the SoftRock 40.   The group that sold the kit is  the American QRP Club,   website is : http://www.amqrp.org/

The kit is sold out, but I think a new and improved version is in development and I expect it will be a kit offering soon.   The SoftRock 40 kit was only $23.00.  And Wow! Does it work fantastic.    Absolutely amazing and some terrific software is being developed for it too.   I was lucky enough to get one, wish I ordered ten.     I think we are in  a revolution in SDR.    I would never admit it, but I almost think the little receiver outperforms my Omni 6+.

73     John  N3WT

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/
More info at http:///www.obriensweb.com

Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Ham radio

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS