Rick,

Thanks for that explanation.  I knew there was an historic reason.  I will
file your explanation away for further reference.  As long as we remember
that the mark is the carrier and that space is shifted down in frequency,
we should be in good shape no matter whether we use FSK or AFSK USB or AFSK
LSB.  With the m-ary FSK and multi carrier PSK modes we have lost the
concept of mark and space.  I was discussing that in another thread on QRZ.com.

73,

Mark N5RFX

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM