At 07:37 PM 10/24/05, you wrote:
>The remote user cannot determine that the frequency is clear at the
>PMBO's QTH. The frequency could be clear at the remote user's QTH,
>but busy at the PMBO's QTH. When the remote user initiates a
>connection, the PMBO QRMs an ongoing QSO.

Dave
I can't speak for your QTH but here I have this " ring of silence "
out to about 250 - 300 miles on 20 meters that I can't copy a thing.
Therefore I CAN hear if the frequency is busy closer to the PMBO
better then I can closer to my QTH.

But if you found a way to defeat this " ring of silence "
I'm listening.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM