Rein,
Let me join Leigh in welcoming you to the digitalradio group.  As he
mentioned, there is also a lot of pskmail discussion on the APRPack
Yahoo group.  I agree that there needs to be a standard for the
proposed socket interface and am in favor of any approach that will
support both APRS messages (in the text-baed APRS-IS format) and
frames as used by pskmail.

73, KC0HOS - Jim

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Leigh L Klotz, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Rein,
> We are actively working on the proposal on the APRPack yahoo group.
 Ken
> WB6MLC and I are working with Glenn WB6W who is doing some Windows
> software.  Also Patrick FC6TE is interested for MultuPSK once we get it
> settled.
>
> As APRPack is a smaller group and the activity is a main focus there, I
> would invite you and others interested to discuss it there.  This group
> has a much wider membership and I am afraid it would be overwhelming
> here, just like it was with Olivia.
>
> 73,
> Leigh / WA5ZNU.
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:52 am, pa0r wrote:
> > Hello.... thought I'd better join this group as my name is
mentioned...

> > I can quickly add an udp or tcp interface to interface pskmail to
> > gmfsk, but I'd like to settle on a written interface spec. first.
> > Should we take that off-line? Who wants to be involved?
> >
> > 73,
> >
> > Rein PA0R

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

Looking for digital mode software?  This group suggests you try either :
MixW, Multipsk, DX Lab (suite), Hamscope, Chip64, MMVARI,or Logger32 (RTTY and
PSK).