My take is that the frequencies are NOT guaranteed by the FCC Period.  And if an Active QSO is in progress, and the Auto op interferes with that QSO its called Jamming and subject to fines PERIOD.

John Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 09:58 PM 11/21/05, you wrote:
>I wonder if it may be the 105 net that operates HF packet under full
>automatic operation. They have been there for many years and so they start
>to think they have a right to the frequency.

No. that last time I check into their network it was still keyboard to
keyboard.
There was a BBS there for leaving messages. But it did not do any forwarding
like the Pactor' systems do.

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to   telnet://208.15.25.196/