Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2005 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Bandwidth and Olivia

At 03:03 PM 11/27/2005, you wrote:
>Even if the ARRL adopts the more restrictive ARRL model ... I predict that
>in the longer run we will ultimately get to the Canadian Model....

If I was forced to make a wager, that is where my money would go.  We will
have to see how the telegraphy testing rule pans out.  That will tell us
what type of regulatory environment the suites the FCC.  They have refused
to mode segregate 160 meters, they refused to set a maximum bandwidth for
telephony, and they want to drop telegraphy proficiency testing.  I think a
trend is starting to show.  I would expect some sort of omnibus
re-alignment of part 97.

73,

Mark N5RFX

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to   telnet://208.15.25.196/