I don't personally do not advocate or favor stations under fully
automatic control within the HF spectrum, especially when there are
other avenues for transfer. I do certainly avocate "listening before
tranmitting" under remote or local control, and I agree that signal
detection should be deployed.

The resulting occasional "hidden transmitter effect" talked about by
some is minimal when compared to what is experienced during any DX
pileup or contest, especially, when one is not directly or indirectly
involved in such a contest. But, of course, no one complains about such
things, and to date, as far as I know, no one has been cited for
either. Be that as it may, we are experimenting with active signal
detection rather than the currently passive signal detection. That was
the main purpose in experimenting with SCAMP. But, I sonder why there
is not active signal detection experimentation for contesting.

Steve, k4cjx