All that says is that the SYSOP can not be the
fall guy because a *remote* operator started that
system with a on-going QSO on the frequency.

And that is the way it should be.

There was not a problem till PSK31 hit the air waves.
What about taking it out on the guy that picked a
frequency right in the mist of all those pactor stations.

No way! be better to put them in a very small part of the
band (so you think)