If there is someone on 10.130, then of couse you would move away from
that busy frequency and that probably means moving higher up a few KHz
to the next available clear frequency.

I had to take a break from writing this message because, of all things,
I heard a station around 10.130 on a digital mode. I was thinking it was
Olivia due to the sound, but the bandwidth did not fit quite right with
the markers for any of the 500 Hz modes and of course I could not decode it.

Finally, we contacted each other on CW, and Rod,  KN3ZOG, explained he
was sending with  DominoEX. So I brought up the separate Domino program
since I don't have the EX version on MultiPSK. Signals did not move the
S meter very much but were very good copy from a CW point of view. The
decode was not perfect but we may not have been tuned quite right
either. I find the tuning to be a bit different I think and not as easy
to use as in my regular program. Since it does not provide for keying
the CI-V on my ICOM, it was difficult to manually do the switching. I
noticed that on both ends, I was causing considerable carriage returns
making it nearly impossible to read, so switched to sentence mode. Then
it would stop TX and switch to RX when it caught up with my keyboarding.
Since it is a fast mode, that was pretty often:)

I still prefer MFSK16 or Olivia for casual keyboarding, but if Domino
got some FEC and even better, some ARQ, it would be most interesting to
see how it would perform.