As a former user of a BUD (big ugly dish) of 10' diameter and analog
TV signals, I can say for sure that there is absolutely no comparison
with respect to video quality between the broadcast quality (eg., 34
dB SNR) video signal as received by the BUD and those transmitted by
typical digital satellite providers such as Dish and DirectTV.  The
analog signal wins hand over heels.   Now that almost all TV is sent
digitally, the difference no longer stands out like it did back
when.  The HDTV signals, however, are much better on either type of
display than were the analog broadcast band quality
pictures.   Except when the signal breaks up, for whatever reason
into those gross digital blocks.  I have never been a fan of analog
cable due to the p-poor quality control.  The SNR of most analog
signals barely meets minimums at the user's TV set.

My 2 cents.

73,
Chuck, AA5J

Regards,