A major consideration of the various Olivia modes on the lower bands is
baud rate. If you have good conditions, the 62.5 baud rate should be OK
much of the time, however it is somewhat above the 45 baud rate that was
experimentally determined to be a cut off point with some ionospheric condx.

I have used the 500/8 (62.5 baud) but had some difficulties under
difficult night time condx on 80 meters. I think you will find that the
1000/16 (62.5 baud) won't work much better under those condx either, but
the 32/1000 (31.25 baud) does better.

Has anyone found that the performance of the (much wider) 1000/32 mode
is all that much better than MFSK16 which is only 1/3 as wide?

I always seemed to have good luck with MFSK16 and also found the
throughput much better since it is around 40 wpm compared to Olivia
500/8 at just under 30 wpm and Olivia 1000/32 at only  ~24 wpm.

But you just don't hear much MFSK16 anymore as most have moved to Oliva
for now.