Windows supports an eventing model that eliminates the need to busy-
wait the CPU. You specify a duration and the code to be invoked on
callback, and then terminate the thread. When the interval expires,
the specified code is invoked.

I do this with TimerMM.DLL, but you may want to use the Windows
Multimedia Library directly depending on the language in which
MultiPSK is written.

   73,

      Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Lindecker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hello Dave,
>
> If I transmit via the Windows buffering in a tone to the sound
card, no
> problem. If I transmit through the serial port, I need to control
the time
> ellapsed (for a dot or a dash). As under Windows there are no
interruptions
> (sniff), there is no way to know at which moment is the end of the
dot (or
> the dash). So I keep the CPU working in a loop, testing the
Windows timer,