><Steve wrote><
> However, in my personal opinion, any such operation as detailed in
> proceeding paragraph is not in keeping with FCC Part 97 as it
> currently exists within any sub bands by U.S....

Steve, you and I have had this discussion before... and we
agreed to disagree on it :)

I pointed out that your opinion is not conguent with the FCC's opinion.

The way it works in USA: "That which is not prohibited, is allowed"

You are free to follow your own interpretation, applying Catch22
parts of the rules. I really don't think it is productive for
amateur radio for you to try to influence others in this regard
though.

The fact is, there is no FCC rule about ALE sounding, the FCC
has not said anything about it, and it doesn't look like FCC
cares one way or the other. There are plenty of other examples
of it in previous and current amateur radio use, albeit with
different nomenclature.

It simply isn't a violation of the rules to automatically transmit
your station ID (callsign), whether on a single frequency, multiple
frequencies, or multiple simultaneous frequencies, in an effort to
start or facilitate a QSO.

In fact, as you know, there is an FCC rule that says you MUST
transmit your station ID (callsign) every 10 minutes, if you
make any transmission at all.

There are many automatic systems in use in Amateur Radio that transmit
an automatic station ID. They happen every minute of every day all
over the world. And these Automatic Station Identification
systems transmit without a human operator listening first.
It is common amateur practice. The FCC requires it and/or
encourages it in many radio services. The FCC would rather you
ID as often as possible so they can easily keep track!

Bonnie KQ6XA

.