Hi, Russ,

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> FSK - one of the old fashioned ways - was using a keyer that would
switch in/out capacitance to the TX oscillator.

> A good example of this is the Irv Hoff, W6FFC, mainline FSK keyer
from the late 1960s.  It's simple and the components are still
available.  Cost is  about $20 for the RF choke, variable cap, diode.
etc.

Ooooh, pleasantly easy.  I like pleasantly easy.

> I have the specifics in my collection of RTTY Journals from  1967.

I don't suppose scanning the article(s) would be possible, would it.
<G>

> I'm using this keyer today in my Collins T-440/FRT-24 and have
worked over 150 countries in the past 18 months so it does supply a
nice clean signal.

This is impressive.  While I tend to be more a chewer of rags than
anything else, this bodes well for that keyer.

Best regards,

Michael, K3MXO