Using a mono plug on the Mic input of the soundcard is no problem.

Using a mono plug on the soundcard speaker output shorts the two channels and can burn out the audio amp. Been there - done that!

73, Skip  KH6TY

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:41 PM
Subject: [digitalradio] Digest Number 1926

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

There are 11 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

   1.  New 30m mailing list and net
         From: "Jason Hsu" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   2.  Pax 2
         From: "John Bradley" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   3.  Re: PAX2
         From: "tom noe" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   4.  Re: CQ PACTOR 7074kHz afsk de KU2A
         From: "tom noe" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   5.  Mono mic input?
         From: "kc0rdg" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   6.  Re: Mono mic input?
         From: "ROBERT DICKERSON" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   7.  Re: Mono mic input?
         From: "Kevin der Kinderen" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   8.  Sound Processing Preferred Specifications?
         From: "doc" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   9.  Re: Mono mic input?
         From: "ROBERT DICKERSON" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   10.  Re: Mono mic input?
         From: "Russell Hltn" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   11.  Re: Mono mic input?
         From: "Andrew O'Brien" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message 1
    From: "Jason Hsu" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Date: Mon May 29, 2006 3:48pm(PDT)

Come join the world's first 30m mailing list at
http://www.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/30m

The 10.137 Net opens for business this Saturday, June 3rd.

The 10.137 Net will meet at 10.137 MHz on Saturdays at 1500 hours UTC
in PSK-31.  The net will feature traffic handling, ragchewing, and
chances to work stations for any awards you seek (such as WAS).
Volunteers for net control are needed for June 10th and subsequent weeks.

The rules and script for the 10.137 Net are now available at:
http://www.jasonhsu.com/ham_radio-10137.doc

10.137 Net participants correspond off-the-air through my 30m mailing
list.

Message 2