If you're changing your assertion to "soundcards don't work running
on anything today" (referring to Pactor-X implementation), then I
agree.

That's quite a bit different than your original "a soundcard will
not work".

Its not the soundcard that can't keep up with a modem like those
provided by SCS, its Windows. And the constraint is not throughput
(as implied by "can't keep up"), its latency.

    73,

       Dave, AA6YQ

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM