I'm struggling a bit to setup PSKmail. Using a new build Fedora C4
and the latest PSKmail and gmfsk.

there are differeing instructions as to where to locate some items:
either in usr/local/bin or usr/bin is specified in some of the
readmes / wiki instructions. Which is correct?

the bit about "copy over the special binaries onto gmfsk - move it
first" has got me stuck because its not precisely clear what these
new binaries are and where they are from or whether I have to find
them. I have only been running linux for 2 days so expect some
difficulty here.

GMFSK wont run and I looked up the website and it stated I need FFTW
first?  I have that now, however it will not configure because the
gcc or cc compiler (which I had to go and install too) returned an
error to do with being unable to compile an executable.......

I figure that gmfsk wont run because FFTW has not set up fftwlib2...
yet.

I dont appear to be able to run any of the PSKmail executables yet -
even via terminal. I prefer to use the GUI but if instructions were
correct and complete in the first place I should have been up and
running by now.

Look forward to that time. Apologies for the long post, 73, Ralph