On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:09:00 -0500, "DuBose Walt Civ AETC CONS/LGCA"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Let me know if you find a U.S. distributor.  I really would like to purchase a
>couple or three of them.

just got some education from an elmer with whom I grew up ...   he states that
comment in the IC website applies to commercial entities.  iow, we as amateurs
can build anything we want and modify anything we want as long as it meets FCC
requirements.  So, if you can find someone in China to sell you an F7000 and
ship it to you,  go get it!!

My 736 is apparently dead on SSB output so I am looking at getting another
Txcvr and the F7000 looks like a good replacement even for a shack rig.

thx
73/chas
--
K5DAM  Houston  EL29fu    AAR6TU