I tried PC-ALE as well, but as its documentation says

"Two of the handshaking lines from the P.C are also used to control
the radio, the RTS line is used to operate the radios PTT and the DTR
line is used to control muting and unmuting of the radio".

There is evidently no way to use DTR for TX-RX switching, if that's
how you have things wired, and as Rick pointered out you can't
specify a CAT command either. Making PC_ALE more flexible in this
area would be straightforward, and would make it much easier for
existing soundcard mode users to give it a try.

Also, keep this in mind:

"After changing the serial port it is necessary to restart the
program  for the new option to take effect. It is also necessary
whilst doing this to select the correct radio interface from the same
menu."

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, KV9U <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The PC-ALE program gave my some difficult times at first with
crashing.
> I think I figured that out. At this time I don't see to be able to
get
> the program to interface with my ICOM 756 Pro 2 rig through the CI-
V.

> It may be possible for those who wish to install some kind of PTT
> control running under another COM port or virtual COM with USB, but
> don't plan on using any software that doesn't key the rig via the
CI-V
> which has this already built in.
>
> What I would like to see is an ARQ sound card mode made available
for
> digital use. Practically speaking this means something that drops
into
> existing multi-mode sound card programs. Preferably, with the
> unbelievable Multipsk program which has rig control through Dave's
DX