What I should have said is "if your application is developed open
source, then have addressed this issue". Transitioning from closed to
open source solely to address longterm continuity would rarely make
sense, IMHO.

Effective open source projects require a significant management
effort.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Jose Amador <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Dave Bernstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Open source is one solution. Another is to establish
> > and maintain a
> > repository containing source code and all necessary
> > development
> > tooling; this repository should be placed in the
> > hands of a trusted
> > individual or group with instructions for ensuring
> > continuity in the
> > event of the author becomes incapable of doing so.
> >
> >    73,
> >
> >      Dave, AA6YQ
>
> Seems that Open Source is THE SOLUTION.
>
> Your definition almost coincides with that of Eric
> Raymond in "The Cathedral and the Bazaar", finding
> someone or some group able to continue with the work
> already done.
>
> 73 de Jose, CO2JA
> Linux User 91155

> http://mail.yahoo.com