> I have a friend who lives 142 miles (as the crow flies) southeast of me.
> He can send me an E-Mail at say 10:00 local asking me to get on 40M for a
> QSO at 15:00.  Sometimes I don't get the E-Mail until well after the Skd
> time...and sometimes not at all because his E-Mail service bounces his
> E-Mail back because it says it won't send E-Mail to my E-Mail server.
>
> I call this unreliable.
>
> However, we can QSO on 75/40M from dawn to dusk and into the night.  I
> call that reliable.

My HF radio antenna is low and in the trees.  I can't talk across the
country reliable on 75 M in the evening...   Does that make HF broken?  No
- my equipment is not configured properly.

Same for Email - if it takes more then a few minutes for the Email message
to get from one station to another, then you're using the equivalent of a
dipole on the ground.  The "system" is not tuned for optimal operation.
For casual use it's fine.  For time critical use it's broken.   It's the
pieces that need to be fixed - not the overall system.

Bill - WA7NWP

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: