Greeings All,

How hard is it to demodulate a 16QPSK as compaired to a 8QPSK signal.

And I have forgotten but does a 16QPSK signal will allow for 6 bites per cycle?

Looking back at some very old hand written notes I took at an HF conference at
Scott AFB, IL where Collins-Rockwell, Magnavox and Harris Comm Gp were making
presentations, they said that they all agreeded that 45 baud (maybe 45.5)
should be the highest baud rate for the low end of the HF band and even though
you could go higher closer to the MUF, if you needed a fixed buad rate, chose
the one that was the lowest.

Thus, if you have a single tone/carrier with 16QPSK, modulates at 45 baud, 1)
what would its bandwidth be and 2) what is the total bit rate for the signal?
(I would  give you my answer; but think I might be really wrong and you will
question my math.  Hi Hi.)

Until tomorrow...Thanks and 73,

Walt/K5YFW

<*> Your email settings: