I was trying to suggest that they could arrive at the PC with a DSP from the
other direction. Have a DSP and add the computer.

If they went under, then the Pactor patents would be sold. They could even
find there way into the public domain. But I doubt it. They seem to be doing
pretty well.

I was looking at the PCTIINet. Looks interesting.

I have an SCS-PTCIIpro with 2 DSP Packet modules and a Pactor license. It is
one nice box.

Remember, the SCS line is a commercial modem built for commercial use. If
you want something that good, it costs.

I have Yaesu and Vertex in my shack. Which is the more professional radio?
The commercial Vertex.

Charlie Crizer, KF4MNE
Fairfax County (Alexandria) Virginia, US
Home QTH: 38-47.96N / 77-05.17W - FM18kt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  - Winlink2000/Airmail