I think it is not the only solution needed. A wider
radio might be needed too (rules allowing, that is).

So far, I see a Software Defined Radio as the
solution.
You may, then, define the bandwidth you NEED on the
fly.

In the cell phone business, the operators see SDR as
the solution, because it is impossible to recover the
investment costs in the short time new ideas
(services, protocols, etc) show up. A cellular phone
radio base could be updated to newer formats and
services just by reflashing the controller.

73 de Jose, CO2JA

--- Charles Crizer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Spot on.
>
> What about desgining and building a "QRP" radio for
> digital use.
>
> Its seems to me that some of the problems you
> mention are because the radio
> is made for many modes. What if the radio was just
> build for RTTY, PACKET,
> PSK31, PACTOR, etc?
>
> Instead of a 300-3500Hz audio bandwidth, it could be
> much tighter and
> desigend for the exact mode being used. After all,
> isn't that the way CW QRP
> rigs are desigend? They only have to work with a
> very narrow bandwidth.
>
> Charlie Crizer, KF4MNE
> Fairfax County (Alexandria) Virginia, US
> QTH: 38-47.96N / 77-05.17W - FM18kt
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  - Winlink2000/Airmail

http://mail.yahoo.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: