I would like to invite whoever may be interested in SDR techniques for
hams to visit www.flex-radio.com. Look for the articles and
schematics. There are quite a few in pdf format.

The heart of the front end is a switching detector, that can handle
signals almost as large as Vdd. It allows an even larger dynamic range
than most SERIOUS radios.

As it is a switch, nonlinearities are almost absent, compared to diode quads.
Passive ring mixers using power mosfets might be comparable.

A crude similarity is comparing the sampling detector with a high
speed cutout, it only may be either open or closed. The receiver is a
new variant of DC receiver with astonishing performance using a
previously unusual solution.

Read the four articles describing the transceiver. Bet you will be surprised.

You might also read about the Tayloe detector, and an article
published about it in the March 2003 issue of RF Design. There is also
an article by Dr. R.V. Macario in RadCom in the early 70's, using a
similar solution. Sorry I cannot remember now the exact issue.

73, Jose

XIII Convención Científica de Ingeniería y Arquitectura
28/noviembre al 1/diciembre de 2006
Cujae, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.cujae.edu.cu/eventos/convencion

<*> Your email settings: