ian parkinson wrote:

> I think the Kam etc are great, I had thought of hooking a couple up on
> 466 Mhz and leave messages in a neighbours M.box for playing chess.
Do you mean PMR446?

If so, don't let the authorities catch you, as it's not legal to use
anything other than voice on PMR446...

(See
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/radiocomms/ifi/licensing/classes/business_radio/information/ofw57/#content

where it says "PMR 446 is a handportable, short-range, voice-only
communication system. It provides a basic but effective radio service
for both business and non-business users, and is ideal for providing
communication over short distances (e.g. within office buildings,
factories and building sites). Please note that it is for speech
transmissions *only*.")

There's discussion of 'Digital' PMR446, but that seems to be about
digital audio, not AX.25.

Dave (G0DJA)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional