> The WinDRM specification is very sketchy ..

Well,... you are invited to provide a better one.

> but the FEC is not
> described.  The interleaving of the pilots and overhead data is
> described but not the interleaving of the voice data.

It says "This document describes the DIFFERENCE of mode HAM to the
official broadcast DRM standard".
That means everithing not described is like the official broadcast
DRM standard. FEC and interleave is exactly like broadcast.
More, its the same code used in the DREAM DRM software.

> I will have to have a conversation with one of the speech codec
> designers I work with.

A codec withh 1000bit/sec would allow qam-4 modulation, and improve
the robustness to "useful" levels. Tests with a 1200 bit/sec LPC
codec have been negative (bad intellegibility).

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: