> There does seem to be a near consensus of radio amateurs that Pactor 3
> simply does not belong on the amateur bands.

If that is true then BPL has won.

P3 is a good "first step" towards modern communications technologies.

"A mouse going SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK.  He's making lots and lots of racket.
 The Mr Mouse sees with a big chunck of cheese. Mr Mouse thinks it's the
best bonanza ever and all that SQUEAKING was worth it.

Does he have time to be surprised when the trap snaps shut with a SNAP!

Will we hams have time to be surprised when the trap Snaps with "you're
not using modern 'useful' technologies with the frequencies.  BPL is..."

Could it be a conspiracy?

Bill