That's not universally true, Flavio. Its defintely not true of any of
the Nanao or Dell LCD monitors I use, or the IBM Thinkpad or Sony
Vaio laptop displays.

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Flavio Padovani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Saludos Dave,
> All LCD or TFT monitors produce severe picture distortion at any
but the default monitor resolution. Make sure that the one you get is
not distorted at the resolution you plan to use. Ever saw an oval
shaped circle? Just try and change the resolution in your monitor to
any resolution but the default. And of course, the nice
specifications only hold at the default resolution.
> For my money, I wpuld want a monitor that will go no higher than
1024 x 768 and is 20" size. That gives superb resolution and
excellent picture.

> Sunday, November 26, 2006, 11:49:45 PM, you wrote:
>
> DB> A critical parameter with monitors in amateur radio
applications is  resolution. $160 for a 20" monitor that can't do
better than 1024 x 768 would be no bargain. 1280 x 1024 would be
reasonable for that