Leigh L Klotz, Jr. wrote:

>  Instead of switching Why not get a second computer and try it? You
>  can use a cheap IOGear video switch, or use VNC and operate it from
>  your Windows box (or vice versa). An 800MHz P3 or up ought to give
>  you a pleasant enough experience. I used to recommend RedHat, but
>  Fedora seems to have gone downhill in quality. Ubuntu seems to go
>  smoothly these days. 73, Leigh/WA5ZNU

Seems reasonable. I used to have a dual P-100 with RH 6.2 and a P-120
with Win98 and VNC plus Samba plus a 10 Mb/s LAN home network. It was
a pleasant experience.  VNC even worked on a 28 K phone modem.

Now I have a dual boot XP Pro SP2 and Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. Ubuntu setup is
still
incomplete. PC is 2.4 GHz P4 + 512 MB RAM.

Have been playing for long with multiplatform software for Windows. I mean
Firefox, Thunderbird, Gimp, Abiword...It is good, because it gives about
the
same feel on Linux or Windows. Forgot Opera....

Jose, CO2JA

XIII Convención Científica de Ingeniería y Arquitectura
28/noviembre al 1/diciembre de 2006
Cujae, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.cujae.edu.cu/eventos/convencion