Hi!

Bear in mind that W1AW transmissions are scheduled!
The ARRL assumes that most of the US Hams are aware of the scheduled
Bulletins.

Regards

On 12/13/06, kd4e <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was parked on 3581 USB tonight and heard W1AW start up with CW.  Not
> a "QRL?" to be heard.  I saw someone post somwthing about it not being
> reaslistic to expect W1AW to actually listen first, because
> they "broadcast" on many frequencies at the same time.  The point make
> sense, but it still seems weird to me that an ARRL station just fires
> up, and off you go.   Andy K3UK.

It is dead wrong for the ARRL to do that and
they know it.

Lazy and inconsiderate are terms that come to
mind.

There is no excuse for anyone anywhere at any
time to not listen, inquire and listen some
more *prior* to transmitting.  None.  ARRL not
exempted.

Talk about "do as I say, not as I do".  Now we
can understand why the ARRL has so much trouble
understanding why most Hams oppose automatic/
unattended digital modes QRMing all over Ham
spectrum -- they do it themsleves!

Sigh.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E